STILLNESS STRIKES ME ...


"[Stillness] strikes me. This bottle, this glass, a big stone on a deserted beach – these are motionless things, but they set loose great movements in my mind... People who go bathing on a beach and who move about, touch me much less than the [stillness] of a pebble. (Motionless things become grand, much grander than moving things.) [Stillness] makes me think of great spaces in which movements take place which do not stop at a given moment, movements which have no end. It is, as Kant said, the immediate irruption of the infinite in the finite. A pebble which is a finite and motionless object suggests to me not only movements, but movements without end."  

 -- Jean Miro 


Remember, to know Yourself, return to the silence before words. 

Quote via Brain Pickings;  Photo collage by Eduwrite

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO BE FREE FROM DESIRE AND FEAR - PART 23

THE EMPTINESS OF THE RED GERANIUM

RESTING IN THE SENSE "I AM" - PART 16